Authorities have launched the identification of a girl who died in a residential fireplace earlier this month close to Four Oaks. Elizabeth Partin Parrish died within the 10:20am September 4, 2022 fireplace at 220 Spring Lake Road, off US Highway 701 South.
Neighbors reporting seeing flames all through the home on the time they referred to as 911. Fire personnel from Four Oaks, Strickland’s Crossroads, and Smithfield labored for about 45 minutes earlier than bringing the doublewide cell house fireplace below management.
After the flames have been extinguished, firefighters positioned the physique of the 66 12 months-outdated sufferer.
Johnston County Fire Marshal Ryan Parker mentioned the fireplace originated in the lounge space however the precise trigger couldn’t be decided. The fireplace was not suspicious. The incident was investigated by the Fire Marshal and Johnston County Sheriff’s Office with the help of the State Medical Examiner’s Office.
Fire Marshal Parker encourages everybody to check their smoke alarms month-to-month. If somebody can’t afford smoke alarms of their house, contact Johnston County Emergency Services and they’ll help in acquiring smoke alarms by numerous avenues.